While youâre in Montego Bay, donât miss this day trip to Dunnâs River Falls, one of Jamaicaâs most famous natural attractions. Swim and play in the pools formed by the waterfall, climb up the naturally formed terraces, if you wish, or hang out on the beautiful beach. You also have the option to include a few hours in Ocho Rios to shop for local crafts, coffee and other souvenirs. Hotel transport is included.
Know More about this tour
Your 6-hour tour starts with hotel pickup for the scenic drive to Dunnâs River Falls, about 60 miles (97 km) east of Montego Bay along Jamaicaâs North Coast Highway. During the 1.5-hour drive, look out the window to admire views of the Caribbean and the rural countryside, and pass by the historical town of Falmouth and Columbus Park, where Christopher Columbus first landed on the island.
When you arrive at this popular natural attraction â known for its lush setting and for its roles in the Tom Cruise movie Cocktail and the James Bond movie Dr No â learn a bit about its characteristics, most notably how itâs one of the only waterfalls on Earth that empties directly into the ocean. Then get ready to climb up to the top!
Before you begin your ascension of the 600-foot (180-meter) terraced falls, put on non-slip water shoes (available for rental if you donât bring your own) and hold hands with the people next to you. Then carefully follow your guide up the âstepsâ formed by the naturally chiseled rocks. Stop along the way to swim in one of the small pools that have formed on the different levels, and when you reach the top, finally out of the trees, youâll be rewarded with a nice view.
Climbing the falls is optional; if youâd rather relax, just hang out on the deck located near the river to admire the falls, go swimming in the natural lagoon at the bottom or relax on the adjacent beach.
Shopping option (an additional three hours):
If you choose the shopping option, youâll visit the town of Ocho Rios before heading to Dunnâs River Falls. Spend time at a shopping center and craft market to pick up gifts and souvenirs. There are plenty of requisite T-shirts and shot glasses to be found, as well as native wood carvings and other artwork, jewelry, and local rum and coffee. You can also enjoy lunch at one of the many restaurants located around the area (own expense).
Your day trip ends with the return drive to Montego Bay.
Inclusions for Dunns River Falls And Ocho Rios Shopping Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by coach
- Entrance to Dunns River Falls
- Visit to Ocho Rios for shopping, if option selected
Exclusions for Dunns River Falls And Ocho Rios Shopping Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Purchases of a personal nature
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable, casual attire
Please bring your own swimwear, sunscreen, towel and pocket money
Note: This tour is not suitable for cruise ship passengers, as there is no guarantee that you will get back to your cruise ship in time for its departure
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.